• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Ireland - Walking Tours

I've not used them, having always done day walks from a central base which we've booke ourselves. Downside of this is that you can waste a lot of time driving and have to do a circular walk back to the car....
I do like the the idea of someone who will carry all your bags for you.

I've done a trip advisor search for them and they get consistently good reviews. Several of these are from people with several reviews under their belt, so should be reliable - I always distrust the one off glowing reviews!

Reactions: Kim
Kim, you have probably already gone on your walking tour, but if anyone is looking for a great company for inn to inn hiking in Ireland, I can highly recommend Hillwalk Tours. They're based in Ireland, and we did their Dingle Way hike in June. They were wonderful to work with, the places we stayed were all solid with everything we needed, and the information they provided for each day's walk was clear.

We've just booked two more with them for next summer--back-to-back hikes, starting with a 5 day Wicklow Way hike and then heading over to the Beara Peninsula for a 7 day Sheep's Head Way hike.

We do like staying in one place and doing walks from around that place, but we've started taking longer trips, so we get to have the best of both. We loved not having a car and having to really slow down to see that part of Ireland. Part of it was on roads (very few cars--always tiny roads), but even that allowed for us to really see the country in a way that driving or staying only on walking paths wouldn't.

Being pretty independent minded, we thought about managing the trip on our own, particularly the Wicklow Way, which you can book yourself from stop to stop with the help of the site and which has luggage carrying service available. However, we worried about B and B's cancelling on us if they get a better deal from a tour operator (or cancelling for any other reason), and with accommodation scarce on the trails, we decided we didn't mind having Hillwalk Tours handle it. So, if anyone's interested in hiking in Ireland, Hillwalk has lots to offer! (And no, I don't have any affiliation with them, but I do tend to feel loyalty to a company who has earned my trust. :angelic:)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina