• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

ISO Venice Apartment for Physically Challenged

Amy

100+ Posts
Good friends of mine are planning on going to Venice September 2020. They are not experienced travelers, and tend to be slapdash in their planning when they do travel. My friend is partially disabled after cancer surgery. She walks with a cane and needs to pace herself because of pain. I have tried to be very realistic with her about the likely challenges of Venice, but she dearly wants to experience it. She is also Gluten intolerant. (not allergic) So...I am looking for apartment recommendations for them. Unfortunetely none of the places I've stayed would work well for them. Requirements are an elevator building; or maximum of one easy flight of stairs. Preference would be for a place without too many bridges to cross from the closest Vaporetto. One bedroom, OK kitchen, comfortable bed, walk-in shower are a must; washing machine a plus. Budget is under 175 euros/night.

Thanks!

Last edited:
We have not stayed in either of the following apartments, but have rented twice through the agency that represents them. The apartments we rented were honestly described and the agency dependable. These two apartments are both relatively close to Piazza San Marco. The second one has a lift, though, personally, I wouldn't depend on a lift. Stairs are much more reliable. You didn't mention how long they hoped to stay. I plugged in a week in early September and both were available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy
Hi Amy. This would be perfect except that it doesn't have a walk-in shower: https://www.viewsonvenice.com/rentals/apartment-venice-ca-cerchieri-3-268360.html. Ground floor, great, quiet neighborhood, easy walk to the vaporetto. In the same building, on the first floor (2nd U.S.): https://www.viewsonvenice.com/rentals/apartment-venice-ca-cerchieri-1-268358.html, and again without a walk-in shower. Views on Venice is easy to work with so I would definitely contact it with your friend's requirements. We've stayed in the palace at least 3 times, and Filippo, founder of Views on Venice, is a wonderful host.

Reactions: Amy

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina