• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

June Weekend, Near-ish CDG?

Amy

100+ Posts
We will be spending three weeks in France in May/June, and are considering our last weekend before returning home. After 9 days in Paris and then 9 days in the south, we will be driving back on a Friday and flying home on a Monday morning (10:30 am flight). We were originally going to stay the weekend in Paris, but thought it would be interesting to look at other options.

So, looking for ideas for a June weekend location, with car, easy early morning (we're fine with a dawn start) drive to CDG. Giverny? (Haven't been in more than 20 years. The gardens, while glorious that time of year, will likely be overrun?). Senlis? Meaux? Other options?

I don't have much to suggest, but I remember looking into this same question on time when we were driving from Dijon to Normandy. We spent the day in Provins because there was something historic we wanted to see and the town was not very nice at all. Run down and grubby. So cross that one off your list!

What about Fontainebleau (south east) or even Chartres (south west)? Have you already been to these? I haven't but they are on my list.

I don't know Senlis or Meaux, but their locations look good. Rouen is probably too far?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina