• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

La Fenice which are best seats

Linda Ross

10+ Posts
We want to visit La Venice in late January to see La Traviata. Does anyone have a suggestion on best seats?

We were at La Fenice last year for a performance of the Barber of Seville and loved it. Our seats were on the second level one box away from the Doge's box. They were section 21. Those boxes have four chairs each. If there are two of you, you definitely want positions 1 & 2 (the two front seats) so you're not obstructed by a head in front of you. Here are a couple of shots from our box.

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I think my sister went ahead and purchased row 11 floor seats. I wonder if we can exchange them for a box. ;)

We are used to seeing ballet and opera at the opera house in San Francisco. La Fenice is much more intimate. I don't know that row 11 on the main floor would be bad. It would be the row at the bottom of my first picture. We didn't go out on the main floor so I can't offer an opinion. Regardless, get there a little early so you can walk around the lobby and enjoy a prosecco. If you think you'd like another during intermission, you can pay for it in advance. They'll give you a voucher you can hand directly to the bartender at intermission and skip the cashier line which is usually very slow.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina