• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Lecce

Penn251

100+ Posts
We will be in Lecce for two weeks late March/Early April, next year. As it it turns out, Easter will fall in the middle of our stay (not sure if that is good or bad). In any event, any advice on all things Salento wouold be appreciated.

I don't know what is going on there, but have you tried googling for Easter week Lecce or Puglia? I am sure they must have processions and such. I was in Barcelona for Palm sunday and it was beautiful. I bet it will be a once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy.

I don't know what is going on there, but have you tried googling for Easter week Lecce or Puglia? I am sure they must have processions and such. I was in Barcelona for Palm sunday and it was beautiful. I bet it will be a once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy.
Oops. I pushed the report instead of the reply button. Anyhow Pasqua is an interesting time in Italy. While it’s mostly a religious event, even then on-religious will greet with buon Pasqua. Look for the giant chocolate eggs sold in the supermercati, or in stalls on the street, often run by the local parish association.

A lot of things will be closed on Easter Sunday including museums and street markets. The Monday following Easter is also a holiday and a lot of stuff will be closed.

Don’t know if you will have a car, but the Monday after Easter Sunday is a nightmare for highway travel.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina