• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Lisbon Food tour?

Jan - before our Portugal tour with Shannon, our group of six took a fabulous food tour in Lisbon with Culinary Backstreets. They offer several different tours - we took their "Song of the Sea"tour and had a fantastic time. My notes from that day show "Billed as 5 1/2 hrs, we managed to stretch it to over 6! It was amazing. Our guide led us up hills, down flights of stairs, across busy roadways, over a swing bridge. We visited a coffee roastary where they roast using wood to roast; one of only a couple of neighborhood public clothes washing places, where the women of the neighborhood still come to wash rugs and other large items (two came in while we were there enjoying our mid morning pasteils de nata); back streets with women sitting out visiting; a wine shop, two restaurants where we enjoyed amazing seafood; a cafe, and a cheese shop with a secret stash of aged port. No dinner for us last night"

And do watch the "Somebody Feed Phil" Netflix episode from Lisbon -- it made me homesick, and I really want to return to enjoy more of that wonderful city.

Judy

Last edited:
We went on Culinary Backstreets tour in Lisbon. Well actually, Alan. Marcia, Rhonda and David went. I decided it was a good day to get pneumonia! They loved it and just as Judy said, it lasted much longer than scheduled. We are actually going with them again in Rio in a few weeks. Highly recommended.

Taste of Lisboa also does nice food tours. They have tours of somewhat less touristy neighborhoods like Campo do Ourique and Mouraria. I took the Campo do Ourique tour when I first moved to Portugal and have returned to many of the places we visited on the tour.
Taste Porto is quite good also. Just took a tour with them on Tuesday..

Reactions: jan

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina