• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Living in Spain or Portugal for three months

Nene

Hi,

I'm starting a masters degree in UK by September 2020. But before then, I would love to live somewhere in the West or South of Europe, somewhere Mediterranean (Portugal and Spain are at the top of my list). However, I need to apply for a visa from my country, Nigeria. I'm happy to take on any course at any school thats not too intense and would still allow me time to travel within the Schengen areas before I commit to my One year Masters program in September.

I don't care too much about what the course is, as long as I'm able to provide a reason for travel to the visa consulate. And it starts and ends within March-July 2020. Also open to any suggestions in a city that isn't too crowded, affordable, nice to live in, warm and friendly people, simple, colourful, I'm not particular about the night life.

In summary, I'm looking for a reason to live in the South or West of Europe for 3 months before my Masters program starts in September 2020. Please help, any suggestions is very much welcome.

Thanks!

I can't help you about particular courses but as regards the city Málaga might fit, it's a cosmopolitan working city not just a tourist destination and people are definitely friendly. I am totally biased because I was there in November and am still missing it! Try looking for courses there, an Italian friend recently went there to do a course to qualify as an English teacher because it was a lot cheaper than doing it in the UK. It might be a useful qualification in the future? Just some thoughts...

Nene, I assume that coronavirus has derailed your plan or are you still planning the Spain/Portugal sojourn? Just curious.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina