• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Loire Valley, France to Montepulciano, Italy

Sharon J

100+ Posts
I'm not sure which board to post this on, so will start with France. We are thinking about staying a week at La Barauderie, Loire for a week, and then moving to Sant'Antonio, Montepulciano for a second week next year. It doesn't really matter which one comes first, except that I think Montepulciano may be easier for the second week, as we could fly home from Rome. So, Drive? Fly? If so, from where to where?

If this is too difficult, we will simply stay at Nico's and then Rome. We never stay away for more than two weeks, as we can't stand leaving our best friends, Buster and Bella. Too sad for all of us! So, we do have some time constraints.

Hi Sharon. You could drive a couple of hours to Orly and grab a nonstop to Florence, which is about an hour and a half from Montepulciano. I'm jealous -- you're going back to two of our favorite places!

Hi Sharon. You could drive a couple of hours to Orly and grab a nonstop to Florence, which is about an hour and a half from Montepulciano. I'm jealous -- you're going back to two of our favorite places!
Thanks Ann. I hadn't thought about Orly, sounds pretty straight forward.

It would be a long drive (over 12 hours) and then you would pay a surcharge on your car rental for returning in a different country. Flying, or the train, sounds best to me too.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina