• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

London London Connection is closing business.

Debra

10+ Posts
I've stayed in a wonderful apartment in a great location with London Connection in the past and I just started to dream about doing so again, when and if travel to Europe again resumes. I was sad to see the business has come to an end. The only other apartment rental I've used is London Perfect, and while their apartments are gorgeous, they are generally out of my price range. Another fatality due to the virus.

I was sad to see the business has come to an end. ... Another fatality due to the virus.

Did they go bankrupt because of the worldwide slump in travel?

I'm asking because one of the complaints against the companies that do short-term rentals in cities (like AirBnB, etc.) is that they remove apts. from the market that could benefit long-term renting by locals, and thus cause a shortage and drive prices up. But if this is true, then companies like London Connection could just offer their same apts. for long-term rent, and wouldn't have to go bankrupt. Certainly in a metropolis like London there is no lack of demand for well-situated apts. for rent.

It will be interesting to see how this issue plays out over the next year : will locals be satisfied that their neighborhoods have been "returned" to them, or will they complain about the lack of income because of the decrease in travel?

BTW, AirBnB has just put out a request for its hosts to follow a new cleaning protocol, you can read about this here. The matter of how clean accommodations are, whether they are hotels or apts., has taken on a whole new dimension because of the virus. This will certainly impact prices as well.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina