• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Long Term Rental / Short Term Lease Options for July 22

mattinLA

Hi, new to this forum, and learning plenty here as I plan for a trip this summer. Flying in to Rome with my family, and staying in Umbria for July.

I'm on the hunt for a reasonable car rental for the month. Apparently the semiconductor shortage has shut down the short term lease programs for the time being, so I'm stuck with the typical rental agencies, unless I can find a better deal at a local shop.

Any recommendations for a month long rental? I'll need an SUV or van, but otherwise flexible. Would love to get a referral to a smaller shop that might have better deals than the big chains.

Thanks!

Wow, I just tried my two lease companies and neither has cars available until at least mid-October and some models not until November. Fortunately I took advantage of an early bird special in December for my lease this September. It looks like you may have to go with a rental.

I don't know if you knew your dates at the time, but I only had to put a $500 deposit down on a Peugeot 508 at the time of order. I don't have to pay the balance until 45 days prior.

Last year we contracted with Luciano Tenca in Marsciano. He picked us up at FCO, then took us to a local automotive shop where we rented a car. At the end of our stay Luciano met us when we returned the car and drove us to FCO.

If Marsicano is close to where you're staying, this could be an option. Of course I'm not sure what size vehicles are available in Marsicano from a small place, just throwing some ideas out!

WE have picked up a rental at Perugia train station twice. From memory there is a budget and an Avis desk there. Not sure about prices these days though as I know things have changed.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina