• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Looking for apartments in Florence and Bologna

MaryK

I'm looking for recommendations for either an apartment or an agency for a 2 bedroom apartment (for 4 adults) in both central Florence and Bologna. Unfortunately we'll probably only be staying around a week in each location - so we need somewhere that's happy to take a shorter rental and be flexible about arrival days.

Halldis have a range if apartments in Bologna and have been ok when we've used them. Alternatively the tourist office in Piazza Nettuno had an extensive listing which they may have online.

Worth giving some thought to preferred location to narrow it down, even if only central south, central east etc. East of the due Torri and south of Piazza Nettuno both had a reasonable feel to them, the latter slightly quieter, to former not over-busy, but enough to make a longer walk in interesting.

I'd recommend the Francesca Apartment in Florence - 2 Bed / 2 modern baths. Small kitchen with washing machine. I've stayed there twice as well as a the owner's other apartment next door a few times - the Simona Apartment that is 2 Bed / 1 Bath. It is on the second floor (US) up some steepish stairs and located just around the corner from Ditta Artigianale for morning coffee.

A number of our members have stayed in these apartments: http://www.residenzailcarmine.com/e_5.htm While I haven't stayed in one, I have visited a couple of the apartments. They are terrific and well located. LOVE the neighborhood. I stayed a few blocks away for a month in 2010. You can see reviews of apartments on the section on rentals.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina