• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Looking For Sicily

Newbie here and searching for Sicily.
Welcome! There have been a few posts / trips to Sicily in recent times here, so hopefully there good info there, but as always ask for any specific info needed.

Our itinerary takes us to Taormina, Selinunte, Agrigento, Palermo, and Siracusa. Noto, Modica or Ragusa at leisure. Needing restaurant recommendations or any other advice. We are using a travel agent but have flexibility. Winery tours and tasting at Planeta and Terrenerre. We are highly motivated by wine and food as well as local history.

@ItalyLover - thanks for the additional context. If you have any flexibility in your schedule, we had an amazing experiance at the Regaleali estate of Tasca D'Almertia. Specifically, we were given the traditional tour of the estate and wine making process for the different varities and then enjoyed the chilled 2010 Contessa Franca Spumante while enjoying fried veggies picked from the garden that morning in the courtyard of the estate, followed by a multi-course meal accompaied by their wines, it was just outstanding. They do not list this as an experince on their site, but when we emailed them they were happy to arrange this.

Also, I was a very poor note taker in Sicily and while we were really impresed by the quality of the food at every level of dinning, the only place I remember was an amazing pizza place http://www.anicapalermo.it/ and I only remeber this because of the 2009 G. Milazza Fondiro which I obviously still have not forgotten and have never been able to find here in the US>

Have a great time!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina