• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Looking for some information on Windsor

Mom83

100+ Posts
We will be driving from our rental property in Oxford to Heathrow to drop off our rental car before our stay in London on a Monday morning in mid October. We were thinking we would stop to see Windsor Castle on our way to Heathrow from Oxford as our adult son will be with us and he has never been there. It has been 15 years since my husband and I were last in Windsor...any suggestions for a good place to park while visiting the castle and a convenient place in town for a bite to eat for lunch?

We've always used the King And Castle for lunch. It is a Wetherspoons pub and provides basic, cheap but good food. It is just down the road from the castle, 3-4 minutes walk max.

We've always used the bus, so I can't recommend car parks but the this link may help....

Thanks, Eleanor...King and Castle sounds perfect for us.
I did find that link for car parks...seems like there will be plentry to chose from.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina