• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Mystery series set in the Perigord?

Roz turned me onto them, and since that's probably our favorite part of France, I've really enjoyed the series.

Thanks, Ann! I have credit at my local used book store so will see if I can find the first one in the series and give it a try.

Have you read all the Fred Vargas mysteries? Ann Reavis and Chris got me to read them. Steve reads them in French!! But many are translated to English. They are really odd, but I like them.

I will give these Martin Walker ones a try.

The Bruno books are just wonderful. The newest one (The Resistance Man) is just recently out in the US.

Pauline, you can get them a lot earlier in the UK than we can in the US. It really annoys me that we have to wait months here for a lot of books that are published first in the UK. Right now we are caught up with you, but I'll bet there will be a new one in the UK later this year, which we won't get in the US till 2015.

Another fan of the Martin Walker Bruno series, here. I just his finished "The Caves of the Perigord", a non-Bruno book, which was also quite good.

On a recommendation from Roz, I have the first in the series, Bruno, Chief of Police, waiting in my iPad for a good read on my upcoming trip.....

I've read 3 or 4 of the Fred Vargas novels, and while the stories are clever and intriguing I just did not like the main character! So I stopped reading them.

I found a Bruno novel and look forward to reading it.

Just enjoyed a Bruno "fix", Crowded Grave & Devil's Cave. Such great stories, to live vicariously through, loaded with food, intrigue, and location, location, location. So many memories. Oh to be in Dordorgne again - maybe next year.

Who could not be enamoured with Bruno and his lifestyle? Really!

If you haven't seen it as yet check out brunochiefofpolice.com. All kinds of background including Bruno's recipes.

Enjoy.

The first book in the series, Bruno, Chief of Police by Martin Walker, is downloading to my Kindle now! My next read after I finish my book club book.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina