• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Need Accommodation Recs for Bolzano, Varenna/Bellagio, Cinque Terre, Siena, Lucca

karenb

My head is dizzy from searching where to stay in these towns/areas and would greatly appreciate any recommendations. We will stay in each 3-4 nights. We are open to any kind of accommodation (hotel/B&B/Apt, etc). Thank you!

Hello! My suggestion for Bolzano is to look for a farmstay outside the town. I tried some places in town and always found them overpriced and not so nice. (Haven't been for a while so there may be something new and wonderful)
A great resource for farms in Alto Adige is this
(Assuming you'll have a car, if you stay west of Bolzano or along the MeBo, the road leading to Merano there's easy access through Gries and parking in Piazza della Vittoria.)

For the Cinque Terre I stay in Levanto, the town to the north. You can take the train into the Cinque Terre easily from there. There is a nice walking trail from there into the Cinque Terre. Less crowded than the main trails.

Villa Margherita is a nice hotel there. I’ve stayed there. They also have apartments. We rented an apartment from them last May.

If you are interested in staying in town I recommend Villa Jasmine where I stayed in 2016 . Price was reasonable and was very clean and modern. You can see reviews and pictures on booking.com. If you are going to have a car, then I would opt to stay outside of town as it opens up many more options.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina