• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Need Rome Studio apartment, plus advice on an Ostia Antica excursion

Cameron

500+ Posts
I'm going to Sicily in September (GrapeHops) and want to add 3-4 days in Rome, either before or after. I've been to Rome four times, but my late husband and I always rented the same two-bedroom (sons were usually along). It's too large and too far from the center for me.

So, I'm looking for a recommendation for a studio apartment, or even a hotel, since I doubt I'll stock up to cook.

I'm also looking for advice on going to Ostia Antica.

Thanks!

We have always rented the Blue 2 bedroom apartment here...http://www.floraliahomes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured
This past October, we stayed in the Blue 2 bedroom and our friends rented the Orange studio apartment across the hall. The location is fantastic...halfway between Campo de’ Fiori and Largo Argentina. Our friends really liked staying in the Orange studio...I thought it was extremely comfortable and had everything I would want if traveling solo. Cristina is very easy to work with and very responsive.

The big trip is in September, when I join Shannon et al in Sicily.
We have always rented the Blue 2 bedroom apartment here...http://www.floraliahomes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured
This past October, we stayed in the Blue 2 bedroom and our friends rented the Orange studio apartment across the hall. The location is fantastic...halfway between Campo de’ Fiori and Largo Argentina. Our friends really liked staying in the Orange studio...I thought it was extremely comfortable and had everything I would want if traveling solo. Cristina is very easy to work with and very responsive.

Amy -- Yes, that's where I'll be, too. Very excited that there was one opening!

Mom83 -- The Orange Studio looks perfect! It also looks like it is available in September. As soon as I book my flights, I'll try to reserve.

Thank you so much!

Cameron...I really think you will like the Orange studio. It is only one flight up, but there is an elevator too. I loved the little outdoor space it had. I sat in the orange chairs a lot when I would go over to see our friends...they were so comfortable. The bathroom looks brand new and our friends said it was great. Via dei Giubbonari is a great street...so many stores and restaurants close by. We have stayed in these apartments 3 times and I would never stay any place else.

Very excited that you'll be along on the Sicily trip!
We took the Context tour of Ostia, which I cannot recommend highly enough. The guide meets you at the Testaccio train station and travels out with you. Without her, I doubt we would have gotten so much out of the visit, as so much there needs explanation and background to really appreciate.

Cameron...I really think you will like the Orange studio. It is only one flight up, but there is an elevator too. I loved the little outdoor space it had. I sat in the orange chairs a lot when I would go over to see our friends...they were so comfortable. The bathroom looks brand new and our friends said it was great. Via dei Giubbonari is a great street...so many stores and restaurants close by. We have stayed in these apartments 3 times and I would never stay any place else.

I have been trying to reserve the Orange Studio this morning, but the website form keeps saying "Choose a date" in red, and seems to not send my request. I used the proper form on their website twice, and I get the same results. I used their calendar, my dates are available, and I chose the dates from the calendar shown on the reserve form. I don't know what else to do! Any advice?

That's the form I used, twice! I still got the "choose a date" in red, so I doubt if the form went through. My dates are April 17 through May 2. If it works for you, please let me know how I can get it to work for me! Thanks so much.

Nanamary...try filling out this form. I just did and it went through. I explained to Cristina that the request was not for me but actually for someone on the Slow Europe forum who was having trouble getting her request to go through.
http://www.residenzagiubbonari.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=119
These apartments used to be rented under the Residenza Giubbonari website, but recently changed to Floralia Homes Rome. The Orange studio is newer, so it is not on the old site. I would just fill out the form and state you want the Orange studio in the notes. And mention the trouble with the newer website as to dates.

Last edited:
Nanamary...I just received this email from Cristina in reply to my request on your behalf:
“Hi Patricia,
How are you? I hope you spent a Happy New Year.
Thank you for taking care of your Slow Europe friend.
You may tell her that she can contact me (for a quote) through my new web site (same apts as Residenza): www.floraliahomes.com – or mail to floraliahomesrome@gmail.com
Currently we have three available units for the dates your friend requested: IN April 17, 2018 / OUT May 02, 2018.
The available units are: RED Gloxinia – GREEN Calathea and YELLOW Lantana. The ORANGE studio is also currently available but in my opinion, althought is is very nice, it is not suitable for a long 15 nights term.
Kind regards
Cristina

Last edited:
Amy -- Yes, that's where I'll be, too. Very excited that there was one opening!

Mom83 -- The Orange Studio looks perfect! It also looks like it is available in September. As soon as I book my flights, I'll try to reserve.

Thank you so much!
Joan and I stayed in the blue apartment in the fall of 2016. We loved the apartment and, especially, the location.

Very excited that you'll be along on the Sicily trip!
We took the Context tour of Ostia, which I cannot recommend highly enough. The guide meets you at the Testaccio train station and travels out with you. Without her, I doubt we would have gotten so much out of the visit, as so much there needs explanation and background to really appreciate.

Oh, that sounds perfect!

Y'all rock! The perfect apartment and the perfect tour. Thank you, my friends!

Those look great; I've bookmarked them for a future visit!
I smiled when the floor plan of the Orange one showed the bathroom to be four times the size of the kitchen!

Those look great; I've bookmarked them for a future visit!
I smiled when the floor plan of the Orange one showed the bathroom to be four times the size of the kitchen!
The bathroom is about twice the size of the kitchen! It really is a great studio...not many have a washing machine.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina