• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Need tour guides for Rome, Florence, maybe Venice, and Ercolono (Naples).

ppapineau

We will be visiting Italy for 10 days in Mid-September. I'm a firm believer in using tour guides for the major attractions.
Need tour agency recommendations for the major cities. Your recommendations will be much more reliable than a general google search.
Thanks!

The best advice I ever received on the old Slow Travel forums was to experience Luisella Romeo as a guide for Venice. I have done the majority of her tours/experiences over 10+ years. I have booked her for her Sant' Erasmo experience a week from today. I'm sure others on this forum will attest to how incredible she is.

For Rome, I've had really good luck with Context Travel. Very knowledgeable guides for small group tours.

A small clarification, just in case. Ercolano is the modern day city that grew up near Herculaneum. I presume it's the latter you're interested in, as the Ercolano itself isn't likely to appeal much to tourists.

A small clarification, just in case. Ercolano is the modern day city that grew up near Herculaneum. I presume it's the latter you're interested in, as the Ercolano itself isn't likely to appeal much to tourists.
Your correct. I couldn't spell herculaneum and ercolano was the closest I could come. I've been there three time. You'd think I'd know better.

Wanted to add that Luisella is indeed wonderful, but be sure to book her early! We missed out on using her for this trip, but she referred a colleague who was able to accommodate us. For a Murano tour I can recommend Andrea De’Alpaos, he grew up on Murano.

Agree with Amy -- Luisella! That said, she wasn't available for the Doge tour I took, but recommended a colleague that was wonderful for a private tour for two.

Wanted to add that Luisella is indeed wonderful, but be sure to book her early! We missed out on using her for this trip, but she referred a colleague who was able to accommodate us. For a Murano tour I can recommend Andrea De’Alpaos, he grew up on Murano.

We used Serena for a 2018 and 2019 trip to Italy. Her tours are in Rome. The highlight was a pre-open tour of the Vatican. We were the only people standing in the hall of maps; it was surreal. She is flexible (i.e. when our son got sick in the taxis, she adapted), fun, interesting and just a delight. She also gave us her What's App to ping her with any questions after as we toured on our own and responded when I did send her questions! She has trained extensively and it shows.

We found these this business to be very good during our recent time in Florence.

They fit right in with the “slow” theme that we all buy into. Very good communication, on time and just really comfortable to do business with. Leonardo will do any tour you want.

Bob

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina