• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Nonstop Flights Munich to Pisa

Lorac

10+ Posts
My search has begun for next summer's trip to Italy. I am interested in finding nonstop flights from Munich to Pisa, probably late June. Does anyone have such information?

Lorac

It appears there are no direct flights - I checked Skyscanner and Pisa airport's schedule

It's possible that new routes may come in for next year, but probably makes sense to plan to either
  1. Accept a transfer, either to a train or another plane
  2. Re-look at either destination - is there an alternative? e.g. change tack and consider the train e.g. 07:34, 09:34 &13.34 Munich train direct to Bolzano, Trento or Bologna

Thanks, Ian. I too checked with the airport's list of airlines using the facility and Skyscanner. My search has begun early. I wondered whether flight schedules might not stretch as far into the future as next June, so the smaller, cheaper airlines would be suggested. The ironic lesson here is that Munich is a nonstop flight out of DC, which has great appeal.
I know from experience that the Munich-Bolzano train ride is about six hours. Pisa must add several more hours...we shall see.
Carol

Fly to nearby Florence; on a random date in June there are four non-stop flights from Munich.

Thanks, Ian. I too checked with the airport's list of airlines using the facility and Skyscanner. My search has begun early. I wondered whether flight schedules might not stretch as far into the future as next June, so the smaller, cheaper airlines would be suggested. The ironic lesson here is that Munich is a nonstop flight out of DC, which has great appeal.
I know from experience that the Munich-Bolzano train ride is about six hours. Pisa must add several more hours...we shall see.
Carol
Yes, as a route to Pisa I don't think it's practical (it's 6.5 hours to Bologna alone), however if there's flexibility in the destinations, I like to look at what's (*unusually) convenient from the departure point... and given how much I dislike airports and the long waits, a 6.5 hour train ride probably appeals to me more than a 1.5 hour flight!

If Pisa and Munich are both absolutely set, I think Andrew's suggestion makes most sense, with good train connections to see you to Pisa.

*Both Bolzano and Trento are places that aren't direct flight options, so it's a rare chance to have a direct route to them.

If your main interest is to get from Washington, DC, to Pisa on Lufthansa or partners, you can do that with a Frankfurt-Pisa non-stop. Frankfurt is a more confusing connecting airport than Munich, but it should work out.

Thanks to you both, Ian and Andrew. Again, it is very early to be considering inter-European flights. Perhaps closer to next spring the smaller airlines will crank out regional flights that might fit our plans...which are very flexible anyway.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina