• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Old Stone Flats, Porto, Portugal

Shannon

100+ Posts
Old Stone Flats has several apartments, in the Ribeira area of Porto. I stayed in the Mercadores apartment for three separate stays in May and June, 2017.

The location is in the heart of the city, it is pretty easy to walk to many sights (though there are a lot of hills!) You can walk down to the river in less than five minutes. Sao Bento train station is about a 10 minute walk as well.

My flat seems recently renovated - not sure about the others. The owner, Gabriela, use to work in 5 star hotels so there are a lot of nice touches - slippers, a little bottle of Port, nice shampoo and soap in the bathroom. She also will give lots of good info on where to eat, etc.

The bed is comfy and the bedroom DARK so I was able to sleep in a little later than normal (I am one of those people who wakes up if there is light.) The living room has a really great couch that will turn into a sofa bed if you need it. There is a dishwasher and a washer with a dryer. The bathroom is spacious and the kitchen well equipped to cook at home.

There are a ton of restaurants all around. I especially like Traca and Cantinho do Avillez, both just a couple of minutes walking away. There is a wine shop across the street and a busy little supermarket down the street (no fresh meat or fish there, however.)

The apartment is on a narrow street that can get a little noisy between the tourists and the restaurant there trying to get them to come in.. plus Fado music on Saturday nights. But if you shut the window you cannot hear the noise.

There is no air conditioning in the apartment. It stayed relatively cool inside for my stays (even in June when it started to get really hot outside) but in July or August, I am not sure.. a couple of fans would help.

I will definitely stay again!

Old Stone Flats
https://oldstoneflats.com/

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina