• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

One Night In Volterra

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
Volterra is on Art's wish list for this summer, but it's about a 3 hour drive from Piegaro, meaning we'd have to leave early in the morning if we do it as a daytrip. Then I thought: why not leave our apartment one night early, spend the night in Volterra, then drive towards Modena (our lunch stop) before heading to Verona. So - does anyone have a place in Volterra to recommend for one night? We will of course have a car, but would prefer to stay IN centro so that we could walk and wander Volterra in the evening.

We were only in Volterra once for a day trip, but loved the town. I think this is a very good idea. It is too much driving from your vacation rental. There can't be that many hotels in the town. I did a quick search on Booking.com and it shows 60 - but most are outside of town.

We spent a day in Volterra several years ago. We left as evening was gathering in late October. It was magical and I wished I was able to stay. I would LOVE to spend at least one evening and night in Volterra.

Barb, I saw those reviews... hmmm, not so great.:( Did you see the photo of the mold in the bathroom?

I believe this is the web site for Seminario Vescoville di Sant' Andrea, at least it is for the diocese. They give an e-mail to make inquiries, as does the Lonely Planet site. LP also lists a phone number. They comment that Sant' Andrea has 60 clean rooms and is one of their "recommended hotels in Volterra."

Wish I could remember where we stayed all those years back. it may have been Nazionale, one of Lonely Planet's top picks.

Good luck!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina