• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Pedometers when traveling

Earline

I haven't made an international trip in a few years, and I am wondering about my pedometer. I wear it in my jeans change pocket, but am afraid that if I go through the TSA screening with it on my person, that it will be confiscated. However, I do want to keep track of how much I walk each day, so I would hate to have to keep it in my luggage for my trip to Berlin.

I would appreciate any information I could get here. Thanks.

I always wear my pedometer, on trip or not. I've taken it off at TSA and placed it in the tray with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks, flennie. I guess that since so many people use them nowadays that the agents don't think it's something subversive. That's good to know.

I'm still old-fashioned enough that I wear a wristwatch. I should have asked at the same time about wearing a watch through the TSA screening.

The only time I had a problem with screening was when I had very old (and I do mean old) wind up travel alarm which I'd put in my carry on bag. It came up as an unidentified item on the screen and I was asked to unpack my bag. It was obvious the person on Security had never seen anything like it. His description was 'awesome...' Ever since then, that has gone in the chcked in case and I've put a small battery alarm in carry on.

I wear a Fitbit and take it off and put it in my purse for security. Same for a watch. Put everything in your purse before security.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina