• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2017 30 - Transportation

joe

1000+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 30 (Week of September 24) – Transportation

Photos of anything from hot-air balloons and gondolas, to rickshaws, bikes and skateboards : any mode of transport that gets you - or others - from point A to point B. Ordinary cars and planes are OK too.... ;)

A Photo Hunt 2017 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Future Themes: If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE

Photo Hunt No. 31 (Week of October 8) – The View from Above (Shots taken from a vantage point – a mountain, bell tower, second floor balcony, other)
Photo Hunt No. 32 (Week of October 15) – Pending
Photo Hunt No. 33 (Week of October 22) – Pending

Kathy, who usually organizes the weekly Photo Hunt, will be on vacation for a while - here's wishing her a great time from everyone on the forum.

I'll kick this one off with some bike shots from last year in Italy. I really liked seeing the relatively wide-spread use of bikes in the cities and towns, especially the fact that many of the elderly still cycle.
30006792930_5ac9349780_k.jpg
30044235280_4772ee2466_k.jpg
30249143091_fcc4ab96f2_k.jpg

Delhi india. Our guide told us we were touring before it was busy!! We were in a tuk tuk in the middle of it all
IMG_1249.JPG

Trot racing still very popular in Malta, and they start them young.

horsecart.jpg

Transport by feet! Me and Steve in Bath after we walked the Cotswold Way from Chipping Campden to Bath (102 miles) for the first time (2013). Yes, it is raining. Yes, we forgot to pack our rain jackets. It was the first rain of the 13-day walk.

pauline-steve-cotswold-way-2013.jpg

Susan's photo reminded me of this. Somehow I usually seem to leave Venice by train on a Saturday morning and this seems to be when the Orient Express happens to be there.
upload_2017-10-14_14-56-46.png

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina