• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2017 No. 32 - Accommodations : Interior/Exterior

joe

1000+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 32 (Week of October 8-14) – Accommodations : Interior/Exterior

If you've stayed at an accommodation with something you have found attractive or interesting on the inside or outside, show us some photos....

A Photo Hunt 2017 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Future Themes: If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE

Photo Hunt No. 32 (Week of October 15-21) – Autumn
Photo Hunt No. 33 (Week of October 22-28) – Your Favorite Travel Gear : show us photos of the useful things that accompany you while travelling.

Shot from our bedroom in Casa Cubuy. This out of the way ecolodge was deep in the heart of El Yunque. Puerto Rico’s rain forest offered a setting we had never experienced before. That night we were the only guest and we fell asleep to the sounds of birds, animals, and heavy rains which lasted all night long. A very magical night! I wonder if Casa Cubuy survived Hurricane Maria.

IN_Out001.jpg

View of the Castle at Montelcino, Italy, from our window. The view was gorgeous but it was one of noisiest accommodations I have ever
D1000102.JPG
stayed in.

We stayed in this B&B for nearly a week in May 2005 just outside Salzburg historic center. We rented the apartment with the balcony. We had a very enjoyable stay there.

fullsizeoutput_5e36.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5e35.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5e33.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5e34.jpeg

A bountiful breakfast was served to all their overnight guests each morning. They also offered dinner to paying customers. Dessert was always yummy....

2005 holiday 307.jpg
2005 holiday 375.jpg

Three different agriturismi, three different shots. All from north-western Italy, all were fantastic accommodations. Lovely hosts - hard not to return to them (to some we always go back, no matter what...)

29995413780_b691c776b4_k.jpg
30255111751_a1b260929c_k.jpg
29672769824_f9ebd2708d_k.jpg

A wonderful studio apartment five floors up, in a tower on Via del Corso in Florence that I stayed in in 2010. I could wave to the people who had climbed the Duomo. It was, however, the noisiest place I have ever rented, as the streets echoed with drunken students all night long, and an apartment at the back had drunken American students having parties every single night. It was great apart from that!

2010 Italian Holiday All Photos 002.jpg

2010 Italian Holiday All Photos 009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was our first vacation rental in Italy, in September 1996. A tower in an olive grove near Sovicille, west of Siena. The house was a wreck. It was dirty, cluttered and disorganized inside. The bed was one step above a mattress on the floor. But it was not expensive and we loved it.

full

full

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina