• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2018 No. 25 - Door(s)

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. No. 25 (Week of June 24, 2018) – Door(s)

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

A father’s love and joy is definitely a “very special moment” and one that is shared around the world and at home. And I’m glad GDB also included our four-legged fathers.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt Photo Hunt No. 26 (Week of July 1, 2018) – Celebrate / Celebration
Photo Hunt No. 27 (Week of July 8, 2018) – Fruit
Photo Hunt No. 28 (Week of July 15, 2018) – Action Capture (anything or anyone you captured in motion)
Photo Hunt No. 29 (Week of July 22, 2018) – Urban Landscape
Photo Hunt No. 30 (Week of July 29, 2018) – Something Blue

I took this photo of in 2016 as I walked down from the hills into the beautiful small town of Villafranca del Bierzo. Just before entering the main plaza I pass by the 12th Century Romanesque Church of Santiago. This is the “Door of Forgiveness” (Puerta del perdon) which is open only in Jacobean Holy Years to offer pilgrims unable to continue to Santiago due to illness or injury absolution. The door is ornamented with floral, geometric motifs and biblical scenes decorating the pointed arches.

DSCN3859 VILLAFRAN BIERZOB.jpg

Another church doorway, this time Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne Abbey, with its wonderful tympanum of the second Coming. In the centre is the figure of Christ in Majesty with arms wide to welcome the blessed. He is surrounded by the twelve apostles. Angels above him carry the crown of thorns, cross and nails. Other angels sound the trumpets to summon the dead who can be seen pushing open their coffin lids.
Screen shot 2018-06-24 at 09.48.01.png
Screen shot 2018-06-24 at 09.53.12.png

I always wonder if you can learn something about the owner of a house from their door. I suppose not. But it sure makes you curious...
The first three from Italy, last one from Tel Aviv.

29699587483_ac0e49f4af_z.jpg

29704750233_e25f072758_z.jpg

30301021476_26591d1fdf_z.jpg

9272240757_64f892acce_z.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina