• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2018 No. 30 - Something Blue

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 30 (Week of July 29, 2018) – Something Blue

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

I can get overwhelmed in urban cities when I travel but I always enjoy the energy and diversity of the different neighborhoods. I enjoyed the diversity of urban landscapes in everyone’s photos.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 31 (Week of August 5, 2018) – Tree(s)
Photo Hunt No. 32 (Week of August 12, 2018) – Mountain(s)
Photo Hunt No. 33 (Week of August 19, 2018) – Curve/Curved
Photo Hunt No. 34 (Week of August 26, 2018) – Handwriting/Handwritten
Photo Hunt No. 35 (Week of September 2, 2018) – Waterfall(s)
Photo Hunt No. 36 (Week of September 9, 2018) – Cool View

A scallop shell on top of a blue background and a yellow arrow points the way to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. (2016)

Well you can't get much bluer than this.... I still don't know what I did to the camera but fortunately it was the end of the day so I had time to sit down and sort it all out that evening...
SE blue.png

Taken from an infinity pool in Cabo San Jose, Mexico. The pool was 200 ft above the Gulf of California on a day when there was not a cloud in the sky. I call it Blue on Blue on Blue

BlueonBlue.jpg

We always think of icebergs as white (or a dirty white...) but in fact you can also get blue icebergs.
Screen shot 2018-07-30 at 07.23.51.png

Snow and frozen snow as in icebergs contain trapped air which makes them white. However, if the ice thaws and then refreezes, the trapped air can be pushed out making the iceberg appear blue.

"Blue" always reminds me of the iconic photo "Pale Blue Dot", a photo taken by the space-probe Voyager in 1990. There's an interesting story behind it for those of you who aren't familiar with it - it was the last photo taken of Earth before the probe headed off to the ends of the solar system, and was requested by Carl Sagan, who thought it was worth the attempt, despite the trouble involved. The Earth is seen as a minuscule pale blue dot (lower right center in the attached photo), and offers a unique perspective on our place in the solar system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot
Read in the above link what Sagan had to say about the photo...

Below the famous photo I've attached one of mine, which shows how things appear when you look in the opposite direction .... ;)

pale blue dot -  2.png

9272184489_07b405977c_o.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina