• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2019 No. 1 - Bar/Cafe

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 1 – Bar/Cafe

From looking at everyone’s photos, it looks like we all went to some very fun and beautiful places in 2018.

Welcome to Photo Hunt 2019! I’ve updated our Master List (see attached PDF File) to keep track of previously used themes and to add any new theme ideas. If you have any fun/interesting theme ideas, let me know and I can add them to our Master List. Thank you again for your participation and for sharing your wonderful photos and experiences.

Upcoming Photo Hunt 2019 Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 2 (Jan. 13, 2019) – Book(s)
Photo Hunt No. 3 (Jan. 20, 2019) – Fashion
Photo Hunt No. 4 (Jan. 27, 2019) – Souvenir
Photo Hunt No. 5 (Feb. 3, 2019) – Group Photo
Photo Hunt No. 6 (Feb. 10, 2019) – Heart/Love

Shannon told me about this Bar in Rome that plays American Football because the owner is a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Since my BIL was in need of a fix we went looking for it. It is near Piazza Navona and the name is La Botticella. The owner and his sister operate the bar and it’s a pretty fun place to hang out if you’re in Rome during football season and need a fix.

DSCN8994.jpg

Attachments

• SLOW EUROPE PHOTO HUNT THEME LIST UPDATED 1-5-19.pdf
    146.5 KB · Views: 19
This is the Silk Road Beer Tent, in the car park of the very superior Silk Road Hotel in Dunhuang and is patronised by hotel staff. The hotel restaurant menu was decidedly 'not us' so we headed here. The menu consisted of two items - noodles and kebabs. Both were excellent. Not a word of English was spoken but smiling, pointing and waving fingers got a result. The owners were greatly amused by hotel guests turning up and by the third night we were treated as honoured friends.
Screen shot 2019-01-06 at 17.20.21.png

I rarely sit inside , or sit down, for coffee in Europe: but it was winter and very cold, and I was waiting for a walking tour to gather and begin. Eek! For one coffee!

IMG_2438.JPG
IMG_2437.JPG

One more... this little bar had the best coffee in Naples during our week long stay. Also really great fresh sfogliatelle!
It is somewhere on the Spaccanapoli route.

DSCN3638.JPG

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina