• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2019 No. 18 - Drink(s)

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo 18 (May 5, 2019) – Drink(s)

Music, performers, artists and dancers are some of my favorite forms of entertainment while traveling. Thanks to everyone for sharing photos of the entertainment you enjoy on your travels.

Upcoming Photo Hunt 2019 Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 19 (May 12, 2019) – Mother(s)
Photo Hunt No. 20 (May 19, 2019) – Vintage
Photo Hunt No. 21 (May 26, 2019) – Night

This is a photo that I took during a wine tasting in Porto,Portugal in 2014. I’m looking forward to returning to Portugal on Shannon’s GrapeHops Tour in a few weeks to sample more of their delicious wine.

Making Ara in Bhutan. This is a very potent (and I do mean very) alcoholic drink made by the women of the village for their annual festival.

Fermenting barley is boiled in a large pot. The vapour condenses on the underside of the lid which is cooled by water and the condensed spirit then drips into a bowl supported inside the pot.

After a very long walk all day in the wind and sun along the coast in Sardinia in May 2017 we are down to our last drop of lukewarm water when we find a beach bar miraculously open midweek and out of season. Never has beer tasted so good.

ichnusa.jpg

Last October we had the opportunity to make a day trip from our agriturismo near Verona, to Bassano del Grappa, just north of Vicenza. We visited the Poli Museum of Grappa, in which one of the rooms has supposedly the largest collection in Italy of miniature bottles of grappa. The museum is well worth a visit, the diversity of historical distilling equipment is amazing, and of course you have a great selection of grappas to ponder. The town is beautiful.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina