• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Place to stay near Fiumicino

LindaG

10+ Posts
Hello all,

I have two days to spend near Fiumicino airport. I will go to Ostia Antica and maybe Tivoli. In the past SlowEurope members raved about a place in Civitavecchia but I couldn't find any info about that here. Does anyone have any suggestions for that area? I will have a car and will be dropping it off at the airport on the day of departure.

Thanks for any help you can offer, Linda G

Thanks. I wasn't clear, I am looking for suggestions for places to stay for 2 nights, not places to visit.

Hello all,

I have two days to spend near Fiumicino airport. I will go to Ostia Antica and maybe Tivoli. In the past SlowEurope members raved about a place in Civitavecchia but I couldn't find any info about that here. Does anyone have any suggestions for that area? I will have a car and will be dropping it off at the airport on the day of departure.

Thanks for any help you can offer, Linda G
If you are headed toward civitavecchia may I suggest the Etruscan museum and the tombs in Tarquinia. They are in the process of permanently sealing the tombs (like the cave paintings in France). Currently bulding replicas. Big whoop. If you are here in April or May may I suggest the gardens of Ninfa. Only open weekends, and Make reservations NOW.

View: https://youtu.be/OY413RwBzB0

Highly Recommend the Hotel Tiber in the town of Fiumicino.

It sits on the mouth of the Tiber as it flows out to the sea. You can sit on the balcony and watch the fishing boats come and go, catch amazing sunsets, and the locals restaurants have some amazing seafood.

The hotel is nothing fancy, but it is clean, has a nice bar, and in a great location. Ten to fifteen minutes from the airport. Really no car is needed there is plenty to walk and see.

Let us know what you decide!

Attachments

• D0-005.jpg
    D0-005.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3
  • D0-008.jpg
    D0-008.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
  • d-011.JPG
    d-011.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 3
  • d-012.JPG
    d-012.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 4

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina