• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Planning for 10 nights in Rome in October

I really loved visiting the Capitoline Museums. It's in the same area as the Forum.

Another favorite place is the Pantheon. I'm not sure about the lines or best times to visit the Pantheon as I was there years ago, but it's a pretty amazing place and once inside, should not take up that much time from your day. There's a cool elephant statue carrying an obelisk located right behind the Pantheon in Piazza della Minerva.

I really loved visiting the Capitoline Museums. It's in the same area as the Forum.

Another favorite place is the Pantheon. I'm not sure about the lines or best times to visit the Pantheon as I was there years ago, but it's a pretty amazing place and once inside, should not take up that much time from your day. There's a cool elephant statue carrying an obelisk located right behind the Pantheon in Piazza della Minerva.

Oh that's good to hear about the Capitoline! We were in Rome a few years ago but only for two full days and didn't have time to visit more than a few sites so we have not visited that yet.

We did see the Pantheon on our first trip and loved it, but I would like to go back. From what I can see, you now need to reserve an entry time on weekends though? Hopefully we can visit on a weekday early, perhaps.

I have not yet seen the elephant statue though, and definitely want to seek that out this time!

For any of your unscheduled days I would recommend you download the Rick Steves app. There are numerous walking tours available. In fact for an easy day, there's one of Trastevere.

For any of your unscheduled days I would recommend you download the Rick Steves app. There are numerous walking tours available. In fact for an easy day, there's one of Trastevere.
Thank you! I just did and it looks very useful!

One thing I will warn you about since there will be 5 of you, each listening in on your individual phone. Sometimes it is hard to coordinate and have everybody on the same section, as it is easy to pause and also rewind. Sometimes it is best not to worry about it and realize some will be a little ahead and others a little behind.

One thing I will warn you about since there will be 5 of you, each listening in on your individual phone. Sometimes it is hard to coordinate and have everybody on the same section, as it is easy to pause and also rewind. Sometimes it is best not to worry about it and realize some will be a little ahead and others a little behind.
That is good advice!

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I highly recommend the Domus Aurea tour, near the Colosseum. We have been going to Italy for years, and no longer visit Rome. However, someone on this board recommended the Domus Aurea tour. It is underground, and you wear hard hats. The history and tour are incredible. I can honestly say, it's the most fascinating thing we have ever done in Rome.

If you decide to do this tour, you will need to reserve way in advance.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina