• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Portofino/Santa Margherita

Sharon J

100+ Posts
Thinking of a new area to stay. I think I remember Pauline staying in a place overlooking Santa Margherita a while back. We did a day trip many years ago to the area, and loved it, but now think we would like to stay in a rental for exploring more thoroughly. Hope I can get some help here. Also, I have a feeling Santa Margherita might be better, but loved both locations. We're getting older now, so a lot of steps, especially for loading and unloading is more difficult for us. Help!!!

I stayed in Santa Margherita a few years ago in a small rental (it's one big room with fully equipped kitchen and comfortable sofa bed). The garden is great, there's a lot of privacy and place to park a car. The walk up from the centre is a bit steep but at least you can drive up (if you are driving, that is...).
The family is very welcoming and the apartment is comfortable (including the sofa bed) even if not huge.
It's on Airbnb etc as "Casetta a Grigoa" but you can also find Cristina (Casetta a Grigoa Cristina) on Facebook to book direct (that's what I did).

Also loved being based in SML. We stayed at Hotel Mertopole which was in town and very convenient with a few minutes walk to bus, ferry and train.

Also loved being based in SML. We stayed at Hotel Mertopole which was in town and very convenient with a few minutes walk to bus, ferry and train.

Should note that the water ferry platform in Rapallo was being rebuilt and that the ferry was not in operation when we were there in July this year. The ferry was operating from SML to Portofino and San Fruttuoso.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina