• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Puglia Puglia, Ostuni - 1bed/2bath apartment in historic center

Pauline

Forums Admin
Casa Tavani - La Terrazza: 1bed/2bath, two roof terraces
Link: https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p6970857
Date: April 2015

February 2016. Note that Casa Tavani has new ownership. I updated the link to their Owners Direct listing.

Three apartments in one building. L'Acova and L'Ombroso on the first floor (both are 1bed/1bath, with a balcony), La Terrazza on the second floor (1bed/2bath, 2 roof terraces). Owned by a British couple who do the booking, managed by their local representative.

We stayed in La Terrazza because we wanted the roof terrace and we were not disappointed. The large terrace has views towards the old town of Ostuni with fields of olive groves and the sea beyond. The house, Casa Tavani, is on a narrow lane close to Piazza della Liberta. The location was very good. This part of town is beautiful with its tall whitewashed houses and narrow lanes. You are close to good food shops, cafes and restaurants.

The apartment is on the second floor (American third), up a flight of stone stairs to a doorway and the entrances to the other two apartments, then up an flight of stairs within the apartment. Once you get up there, the apartment is on one level. Apartment is spacious. Bedroom is comfortable, kitchen well equipped, living room has odd sofas but is comfortable enough, and the terrace off the living room is stunning. You can go up another level, to the rooftop of the apartment, for another terrace.

There were no fragrances on the bedding or in the apartment (we are sensitive to air fresheners or scented laundry products but this apartment was fine for us).

You have to park about six blocks away, in a public parking area on Parco Rimembranze (Corso Maggiore Antonio Ayroldi). Some parking is free, some is paid. When we were there in April, before Easter, there was never a problem finding a spot, but in the summer it would be more difficult.

Booking was easy via email. The owners provide a lot of documentation about the apartment and the town.

While we were traveling I posted my trip report on the forum. I have notes about Ostuni there.
This thread on the forums has my trip planning posts.

Photo of the view from the terrace.

full

Last edited:
Pauline. Someone responded to me that they had space for the dates we wanted but I just wondered if there was an update on the place with new ownership.

No, I haven't heard anything, I'm afraid: although the apartments are near our place, we never actually met Angela, the previous owner.

Do they have a new website? Where did you find them?

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the new owner.
Pauline any recommendation on rental apartment in Leece.I am looking for 5/2018.thanks for all your trip reports .

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina