• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Quick Q on Taking the TGV in France

VictoriaJZ

10+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
Our usual method is to fly into DeGaulle and then get on a TGV to wherever we are going and relax etc. and then return so as to have a few days in Paris, proper. I am looking into staying a week in Dordogne [not in Sarlat but perhaps in a small town/gite a bit away from it]. We could TGV to Lyon and see that city for a day and then drive to our lodging - or we could TGV to Poitiers and do the same. There is a difference in driving time but not insurmountable for us. I'm looking at schedules for the trains from CDG to either city and they are fine [plan is to leave roughly 3-4 hrs after arrival]. Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks!

An update == we now are traveling to France in mid May and will take the TGV to Bordeaux [instead of Poitiers] from the airport BUT every time I try to set up a reservation it defaults to RT from DeGaulle to Bordeaux and return to DeGaulle == we don't want to do that == we want a return to the City == am I missing something? I've tried several sites and can't seem to work out a multi-city itinerary -- would appreciate some guidance [maybe best site to work with?] -

Thank you = I had not heard of Trainline == I'll look there == you are right, Maybe I need to just get the oneway out of DeGaulle and deal with return later...Thanks!!!

I am going to Bordeaux this May and I have used train line . It is very easy to use and the site is in English.I purchased a senior ticket .
Yes. we are going to be there then!!! And I did find Trainline and it was super easy and I just ended up getting separate one way tickets == Bordeaux is only 1.5 hrs from where we will be staying so makes sense to just go in and out of there in terms of the train and the car rental.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina