• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Quiz 5 - European Culinary Challenge

Colo

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
Many of us have experienced this week’s quiz, when we open a menu to a list of items we have never heard of or seen before until we are on vacation. This week is a two-part European Culinary Challenge:

First, identify the main ingredient in the menu item, and then country of origin

Bon Appétit

Raw Herring

Netherlands

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mashed potatoes with kale or cabbage

Ireland

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Bull’s Tail Stew (Ox tail is commonly substituted)

Southern Spain

Baby Octopus in White Wine Sauce

Italy

a white braided bread

Switzerland

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Meatballs

Denmark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fried potato and cabbage (carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts, or any other leftover vegetables can be added)

England

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Rabbit in a Mustard Sauce

France

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian will be back next week

Last edited:
:dancingcow:
6 out 8 countries - You are a Traveler
6 out 8 dishes - Your are a Foodie
6 out 8 being right on both food and country - You are a International Culinary Guru
:dancingcow:

Bravo Colo
Like others I found the countries easier than the foods, only knowing 2 of the 8 foods.

Last edited:
Well Ian, I guess that makes sense... this is a travel board, not a food blog. :D
I wasn't trying to make it hard... honest.
Welcome Back!

I reckon you got the quiz just right Colo :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina