• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rental Companies?

Valerie

100+ Posts
Hi y'all, and Buon Anno Nuovo!

I'm wondering what vacation rental agencies you use, that AREN'T the big conglomerate sites (AirBnB, Vrbo, etc). Ones that are agencies with customer service, like Summer in Italy, Italy Perfect, and the like. Do you have go-to sites that you check first?

Hi y'all, and Buon Anno Nuovo!

I'm wondering what vacation rental agencies you use, that AREN'T the big conglomerate sites (AirBnB, Vrbo, etc). Ones that are agencies with customer service, like Summer in Italy, Italy Perfect, and the like. Do you have go-to sites that you check first?
Unfortunately, AirBnB, VRBO, and the like have put a serious dent in the rental agencies that I used to deal with. (I really don't like having to suss out villas and apartments based on pictures and appreciated the convenience of dealing with trusted suppliers.)

The two that I deal with most frequently and have utmost trust in are Tuscan House (for southern Tuscany)

and Doorways.

I do try to look locally. A good example of this is l'Alracostiera, who have listings along the Amalfi Coast and are based in Amalfi itself.

Tourist offices are my next best option, with some like Langheroero.it having a superb range of listings and willing to help guide you to something right for you.

Some rentals have their own sites - not so uncommon in Molveno from memory, but also not uncommon where an entire palazzo (or most of it) has been converted into holiday apartments e.g. this place we've enjoyed in central Torino http://www.residencetorino.info/ita/index.php

FWIW we have used (national outfit) Halldis in Bologna, with one good experience and one that as somewhat disappointing. They at least have an agent on the ground.

We have reviews of Italy vacation rentals:

Here is a list of vacation rental agencies for Italy:

Sorry for that post above but I’ll leave it for anyone reading this. I think I was answering a different thread.

I still use agencies for Italy or agriturismo that I know from reviews or previous experience, but I now use Airbnb for other countries. England still has good agencies and I use them.

In Italy I use Summer In Italy, especially for the Amalfi Coast and Cilento Coast.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina