• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Restaurant recommendations in Calabria?

lisaonthecape

10+ Posts
My husband and I have been traveling to Italy for many years, but we're taking our first trip to Calabria in late September/early October. We're all set with accommodations, but are looking for any restaurant recommendations. Our plan is to meander through the southern half of Calabria, starting in Reggio, then Zambrone (by Tropea), Praialonga (by Isola Capo Rizzuto), Badolato, and finally Gerace before returning to Reggio for the return trip--about three days in each spot. We prefer to focus on local specialities and tend toward casual, rather than formal, dining. We will be staying in apartments and may do some of our own cooking, so our general plan is to eat lunch out and dinner at home. We will have a car, and my husband speaks fluent Italian. Any ideas for us?

Not a restaurant recommendation, but do look out for the honey made near Reggio by a producer called Fragiacomo. Their 31 erbe (if they still make it) is a most remarkable concoction of honey and herbs. I swear it could stop any cold in its tracks.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina