• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Restaurant suggestions near Piazza Antinori, Florence

chiaro di Luna

100+ Posts
I am looking for a few restaurant recommendations where the locals would eat near Piazza Antinori in Florence.
All types of menus. Open for lunch.
Anyone have some favorites to share?
Great pizza places in that area and great gelato too?

Thanks Pauline. I'm hoping to get some good suggestions within walking distance of where I'm staying this time. I will print out directions before I go.

The most important thing you need to remember about Florence is that 7 million tourists visit every year so there are no restaurants in the historic center which don't cater to tourists. Locals will not be eating lunch in the historic center for the most part and they will be eating dinner at 9pm or later. So don't feel like you are in a "tourist trap" if you are eating in the center. Many respected places are still available -- they are just serving tourists.

Near Piazza Antinori my favorite lunch spot is Obica (name change from Obika) inside the courtyard of Palazzo Tornabuoni -- great salads, pizza and especially fresh mozzarella di bufala.

Classic spots are Procacci (next to Obica) for ladies who lunch (finger sandwiches) and Buca Lapi under Palazzo Antinori with a full menu including great bistecca (a bit pricey). And of course there is Cantinetta Antinori inside the Palazzo with a classic menu and wines by the glass (also expensive).

All of these are places locals go.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina