• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Restaurants around Knightsbridge that wont bankrupt us?

JeriF.

10+ Posts
Hi,

We'll be in London for a week in mid-April and are staying in Knightsbridge. (We needed to stay south of the park because my husband needs easy access to the Earls Court Convention Center for the London Book Fair.) Even with the LBF discount and my husband's client paying for his airfare and part of our hotel bill, this is going to be an expensive trip considering how short it is, so we're looking for some local places to have dinner after a long, tiring day that won't be grotesquely expensive (I know, it's London) or require long cab rides or much exertion. I've checked all the usual places for ideas, but if anyone has suggestions based on personal experience, I'd appreciate it. We're not into Indian food but anything else is fine.

Thanks--

Jeri, we stayed last year in South Kensington, off of Old Brompton Road (between the South Kensington station and Old Gloucester Road). We really liked this area and my husband will be back there for several weeks at the end of this summer. He is definitely into low-cost eating, especially when he's on his own. (Unfortunately I'll just have one night, as I have to come home.) There are all sorts of restaurants in that area, especially on Old Brompton Road at various price points. I remember lots of different kinds of ethnic restaurants, some with pretty simple interiors. You could just head in that general direction and see what you find.

We had a good, not-too-expensive meal at a burger chain called "Byron." I wouldn't normally order a burger in Britain, ,but this hit the spot.

You should look for small grocery stores... there is a "Little Waitrose" and an "M&S Simply Food." There are some great sandwiches at the British supermarket chains and you could buy these to eat back in your room perhaps... either pre-made sandwiches or made-to-your order.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina