• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome and ...?

Thank you for all the excellent advice, everyone! At the moment, I am pretty sure it's going to be Orvieto + Rome, so I am going to start a separate thread for that with some additional questions.

As you can see, we are all eager to help you have a great time!!!
Ciao,
Cheryl

If you love beautiful vistas I would head to the Amalfi Coast. Doesn't get much more beautiful than that! We usually add it to the end of all our time in Rome. It's a great way to relax after the hustle and bustle of Rome. You can easily stop in Pompeii on the way (They have luggage storage) or do a day trip. You really will love it!

We spent 5 wonderful days in Oct. 2018 in Praiano and loved it! Praiano is a great place to stay-very quite and with easy access to all of adjoining coastal towns. And, located next to Positano with it's wonderful beach!
Lots of nice airbnb's in Priano. If you looking for a nice apartment with breathtaking views all day long, let me know. We loved the airbnb we selected for our stay...great hosts, too.

We are going to Italy (3rd trip in 3 years and 3rd trip to Rome). Staying in Rome 6 nights then Orvieto 1 night and then 1 week in Sorrento. We love Rome and want to see the hill city of Orvieto. From Sorrento we are taking day trips to the Archaeological Museum in Naples (our 2nd trip there and is a must for anyone). Other day trips from Sorrento are to Capri, Herculaneum, Positano and Amalfi. If you consider Sorrento I highly encourage you to look into staying at Marina Piccola 73. Located in the bay, yards from the water where the ferry boats arrive and leave. https://marinapiccola73.com/index.php?lang=en

I think your own suggestion of Lake Como is a good one with its stunning vistas. I met my wife not far away from there, in Lugano, so I am biased, but it is a great area to enjoy nature, stunning scenery and a more leisurely pace. Of course, there are so many great choices, as suggested in this thread.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina