• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome FCO Airport: New day/night hotel-lounge

The reading light in the room is great. There’s bright indirect up lighting, and a direct light above the bed.

No noise! I can’t hear airplanes!

Room-darkening curtains.

Good air conditioning.

Strong Wifi.

It’s in the area near the trains and the rental cars. I came out at FCO terminal 3, crossed the street, took the escalator up to the train area, turned right, turned right (you’ll see innocuous hotel/day room signs), and when you’re at the end of a hallway, you’ll see HelloSky on the left.

Breakfast
2619EED2-2078-423D-ACB3-4EC6CCF4E74C.jpeg

I took a shower in the lounge there last year. I flew United and can't remember who operated the lounge. It may have been a priority pass lounge that I have access to through my amex but they definitely have free showers.

Just an update on the HelloSky location at FCO with travel opening up this summer. I stayed there one night last week and found it to match Cameron's description. Easy access to Terminal 3 (only one being used at this time) and the rental car and parking structure.

Room is basic but clean and comfortable. Food service is limited and currently only packaged items. Rooms are on three levels going down, only about 25 rooms, and mine was on ground level. I could hear some traffic and noise outside but not during the night.

Hotel entry:
IMG_20210630_080625.jpg

Double bed:
IMG_20210629_191237.jpg

Be aware that currently only those ticketed passengers can enter the terminal to use the restaurants, bars, etc. Either grab food in the terminal before you exit or before you arrive at the airport for a departure.
IMG_20210630_095004.jpg

It certainly looks inviting for an overnight. But I still think I'll hire Piero as I know he's had a tough time through the pandemic and he is till only 50 euros. Plus there's a great seafood restaurant a block from his place and if I need a good walk can use the beach promenade. I will have to try the Hello Sky at some point so I can give my tour guests the option. Yay, can't wait for September!!!! Italy, here I come!

It certainly looks inviting for an overnight. But I still think I'll hire Piero as I know he's had a tough time through the pandemic and he is till only 50 euros. Plus there's a great seafood restaurant a block from his place and if I need a good walk can use the beach promenade. I will have to try the Hello Sky at some point so I can give my tour guests the option. Yay, can't wait for September!!!! Italy, here I come!
Cheryl, could you send me Piero's contact info? I've booked a B&B (The Sea/Fly Inn, via delle Dune, 74 in Fiumicino), also €50 for our last night there, but would love to support your friend if possible.

Cheryl, could you send me Piero's contact info? I've booked a B&B (The Sea/Fly Inn, via delle Dune, 74 in Fiumicino), also €50 for our last night there, but would love to support your friend if possible.
Yes, Barb, glad to....The price includes a pickup and drop off at the airport which is about a 10 min. drive. And he doesn't seem to mind earliest morning or late night! He's a retired flight attendant, speaks English if needed. Plain, small, clean rooms with bath. Thanks, Barb!
Just email him at piero14@fastwebnet.it
+39 335 5386416
No website. L'Isola B & B, Piero

Yes, Barb, glad to....The price includes a pickup and drop off at the airport which is about a 10 min. drive. And he doesn't seem to mind earliest morning or late night! He's a retired flight attendant, speaks English if needed. Plain, small, clean rooms with bath. Thanks, Barb!
Just email him at piero14@fastwebnet.it
+39 335 5386416
No website. L'Isola B & B, Piero
Thanks! Look like he DOES have a website - L'Isola B&B - is that it?

Wow, how great! Must be new.....at least to me. I just emailed last night and he got back to me this a.m. All good, he's still up and running.
And I've I've already heard back from Peiro - he has room at the inn! Not surpisingly, once I went to the website I discovered it was already bookmarked - but without any note of who had recommended it, so thanks again for reminding me!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina