• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome for the Young 20's

Amy

100+ Posts
One of my sons will be joining us in Italy next month. He's interested in a few days in Rome before meeting up with us. He's looking into things on his own through other avenues, but I hope someone here might have some thoughts as well. Any suggestions for places for a recent college grad to stay, preferably somewhere convenient, affordable, and where he can meet others? And any ideas of tours or meetups focusing on this age group?

Thanks!

I've heard that Rick Steves' son, Andy, has a business that hosts young people for selected weekends in different European cities. Maybe they will be hosting events in Rome at the appropriate time.

Hi Amy, the Beehive is a very good suggestion. I go there fairly often (my massage therapist works out of the Beehive) and it seems like a good place to stay and to meet people.

I have also heard that this expats group can be fun, although I've not gone to any of their events. I think it has a lot of young members.

https://www.meetup.com/Expats-living-in-Rome/

Also, the InRomeNow website often has good ideas about things to do:
http://www.www.inromenow.com/site templates/

I'll also ask around to see if any of the walking tours might be geared towards younger visitors. And of course, there is always the Segway tours, which seem to geared to a young crowd (even though I think older folks with bad knees, like me, need Segways more!)

Cheers,
Sandra

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina