• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Salzburg - Sound of Music Tour

Kim, maybe I gave you some ideas in a Facebook group? (It can be hard to find a post again once is moves down the page.) And I think I had an old travel note about Salzburg on ST...

I've spent a lot of time in Salzburg over 25+ years at several different times of years. I love this place. It's been a while, but I think I've done the Sound of Music tour three times... once on my first trip to Europe with two girlfriends, once on my first trip to this part of Europe with Charley and little Kelly, and the last time on a longer stay in this area on our long trip with Charley and an older Kelly.

It is hokey and touristy... a very American thing to do... but lots of fun if you like the movie and the movie music. And most of the tours will take you out of Salzburg to the beautiful countryside, including a visit to the lovely church in Mondsee where the wedding scene was filmed. They'll play the music on the bus and you can sing along...

I think the tours are about half a day. I would recommend finding a mini-bus tour... not a big bus tour. It will take much less time to get on and off the bus when you're able to stop. It's been so long, I don't know a specific company to recommend.

There is so much else to see and do in Salzburg... I'm happy to offer some other suggestions. Try to stay two nights if you can!

I did it with my daughters. It was great fun and having grown up with the movie I was very happy to hear the stories and see the locations where it was filmed. It is probably the most touristy thing I have ever done, but I loved it. :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina