• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Senior rail pass discount in UK

Rome Addict

100+ Posts
As an American can I qualify for a senior rail pass?. It looks like I can get one mailed to a UK address (which I have) but Friend says can pick one up at Gatwick. I don't want to get to Gatwick and discover it is a no go because I am American.

We bought one of these passes years ago before we lived here. Purchased it at Oxford train station and we were residents of the US. We bought one that gave discounts traveling in an extended area around London.

That was most probably a Network Saver, Pauline which covers a vast area in the South east and is open to all comers. It extends quite far west too as it covers my station of Moreton in Marsh and all the way to Worcester. The good thing about it ( as opposed to the Senior Railpass) is that someone travelling with you gets a third off the fare too. The 'two together' one covers the entire network but it means that the two of you have to be together for every journey. Also you have to upload a digital photo of each person online to apply for it. So if you are just travelling in the Newwork Saver area, it is by far the best option.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina