• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Spain Portugal tour

Bilgat

Hello everyone , i m travelling to spain and Portugal from 02 october to 18 october , i m asking if anyone Can help me in choosing an itinerary , i m solo traveller , i want my trip to be memorable , i m interested to nature , marvellous landscapes , beaches , contact with locals , nightlife ,
Can anyone help me
Thanks

Hello:
I hesitate to offer specifics regarding any particular places to visit. Your interests are varied and many parts of the Iberian peninsula will meet them. It will be helpful if you provide some more information: Where are you starting from? ending up? Will you be relying on public transportation? What is your approximate budget/day. Is this your first visit to Iberia? Age group you prefer to associate with? Any "must do/see?

Some cautions: October can be blustery and rainy in the north. There is a national holiday (Día de la Hispanidad ) on October 12. Services, transport and store hours may be altered. Iberia is a large area compared to many other European countries.

Best of luck with your planning.
Dennis

Thank you for your reply , well i m planning to go on vacation from Doha Qatar in 2nd if october and going back to my country Tunisia by 16th of october , so i have 15 days almost to enjoy spain and Portugal , as i Saw in some forums weather will be not that hot and that s what i m appreciating , so mainly i ll be in south of spain also i want to explore Aragon even in one day because i Saw many beautiful photos there , Barcelone and Madrid are a must i think , for Portugal also i want to cover most of principal cities but priority for spain , as i mentioned i m interested to culture , nature , meet people , have New Friends , nightlife , a little bit of all for budget i will try to reduce it by choosing hostels Airbnb for accommodation and public transport , i know it s confusing but that s why i m here to have some advices i Can rely on it ,
Thanks a lot

Hello Bilgat:
Thank you for providing a little more information regarding your plans. I suggest they are overly ambitious. With 15 days you may want to limit your travels to Spain and leave Portugal for another time. There are so many areas that will fill your wants. As much as it is tempting to want to see it all, one has to realize one can't. Any place you choose will be fine. My mother used the phrase "less is more". That is apt when travelling.

We are codgers so specific nightlife recommendations are out of our area of expertise. However any city can provide that, especially Barcelona and Madrid.

You mention Aragon . To even begin to experience any part of this region more than a day is required. Renting a car is recommended.You may want to be in Zaragoza for Oct 12. There are celebrations honouring the city's patron saint as well as the national holiday. In the north of Aragon are the Pyrenees and you might want to base yourself in Ainsa and head to the nearby Ordesa National Park. Albarracín near Teruel in the south of the region provides another base for exploring the countryside.

I suggest you begin to develop a timeline for travel, taking into consideration travel times between destinations. Many sites (Google maps, Rome to Rio, Michelin) can assist with this.

Try this on: 3 days Madrid, 3 days Barcelona, 4 days Zaragoza and the Pyrenees or take the same time for the large cities but explore the Costa Brava and Garrotxa area north of Barcelona to get your nature/seaside fix.

Once you've developed explicit plans there are many people on this site that can assist with specific recommendations for the places you've chosen to go. They will be able to offer suggestions on tweaking days allotted for particular places and how to best invest your time.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Cheers.
Dennis

Thank you again for your pecious advices , i ll put that in mind , for sure seeing less is indeed more i ll try to stick to the southern side and if i Can arrange even 3 days for Portugal it will be great ,
Thanks

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina