• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Stadio di Domiziano ruins in Roma

Thanks, Heidi, for posting, It is an interesting site, and adds another piece to the puzzle that is ancient Rome.

BTW, while I was there, my friend Laura showed me the coolest postcards in the gift shop - I had never seen these before, although perhaps others know them.

It's a kind of 3D card that, when you tilt it one direction it shows Piazza Navona (or the Colosseo or whatever the scene) as it is today; and when tilted another direction, the image becomes an artist's rendition of how the precise scene would have looked in its heyday.

I remember this style of postcard when I was a child, but cannot remember the proper name. Anyway, this is a cool way to "see" ancient sites!

Sandra, those post cards sound wonderful! I'll keep my eye out for some.

Can you elaborate a bit on the entrance location, opening times, etc. for the Stadio di Domiziano ruins?

Grazie!

Hello Heidi, the entrance is very easy to find, right across from the ivy-covered entrance to the posh Hotel Raphael. So, if you are standing facing the direction of Piazza Navona but looking down into the open area that Rebecca mentioned above, it would be just to the right, around the corner.
I'll double check the hours, but I know that it is open Sundays until 7 p.m. (from my last visit) and I think it is open all day from about 9 .m.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina