• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Taxi Ravenna to Milan

Frank Gerace

10+ Posts
I messed up and didn't calculate travel time by train from Ravenna to Milan late Feb. Any idea how I can judge what a fair price for a taxi for three would be?

Ciao Giulia, Thanks for the quick reply. I was quoted 550 Euro. Should I accept and tie it down, that is,
do you think there is a rush or a need to fix a price much ahead, or can I count on enough supply of taxistas in a city like Ravenna to wait until I get there and do it in person. My concern is that we have to get to Malpensa on time for a flight, so I can't take a chance to bargain like I would like to. Grazie per la risposta, Ciccio​

We have used www.cosepuri.it to transfer between Bologna and Venice and also Bologna to Parma. They have a strong presence in E/R. Their website indicates they have locations in Bologna, Ferrara and Imola on the Romagnan side, and many others on the Emilian side. I am sure they would pick up in Ravenna.

Giulia's option looks great, but if you want to do some price comparisons, I can personally recommend Cosepuri.

We have used www.cosepuri.it to transfer between Bologna and Venice and also Bologna to Parma. They have a strong presence in E/R. Their website indicates they have locations in Bologna, Ferrara and Imola on the Romagnan side, and many others on the Emilian side. I am sure they would pick up in Ravenna.

Giulia's option looks great, but if you want to do some price comparisons, I can personally recommend Cosepuri.
Thanks Susie and Giulia.

The site you came up with Giulia is very expensive. I just wonder if I should haggle on the basis of your estimate of 400.

My real interest is that you two, who seem to know the area, give me your opinion as to whether I could find a better price once in Ravenna. I speak fair Italian (fluent Spanish so I aways can communicate)

Thanks, I will check out cosepuri

saluti, Frank

Frank, the site states 460 euros and my estimate was, well... an estimate! :) (And you first said Milan... Malpensa is 50 km North West of Milan).
I don't think you will find a much lower rate once in Ravenna. I checked this taxi cooperative in Ravenna and they state a rate of 1,40 euros per km so more or less 480 euros total to Malpensa. You can contact them and the site that Susie suggests and get the best price.

Giulis,

Of course it was only an estimate and a good one! I didn't see that price. I have to go back at it. Thanks to all!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina