• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Durrells in Corfu

Chris

500+ Posts
This Masterpiece Theatre episode apparently ran on PBS last fall, but not on my PBS station (don't get me started). I just found it on Amazon Prime and thoroughly enjoyed it. A very nice break from grim police dramas! Has anyone else watched it?

Our PBS station carried it last fall; we thought it was great fun. Now I want to get his memoir from the library.

I missed it, but will look for it. I loved his book.

Edited to add, not the famous brother but the one who wrote about the family living on Corfu.

I am totally disgusted with my local PBS station, which does not run this series. (They need lots of time for their infomercials, apparently.) It looks like I can buy season 2 on dvd from Amazon in about three weeks. I guess that will have to do, grumble grumble.

I loved the first season of the Durrells, but I'm not seeing it on my PBS schedule for tonight! @Chris -- check your schedule -- it starts on Oct 15 for me -- The Durrells in Corfu Season 2 premiere on Sunday, October 15th, 2017 at 8/7c on MASTERPIECE on PBS. #DurrellsPBS

My local station is building up Poldark with an hour of a special about filming it, then the new season tonight.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 as well! My local PBS station schedule shows it beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 8 pm. It is not on Masterpiece but on the
MPT 2/Create channel. Last year our station branched out with 3 channels, and we can no longer get the MPT2 station on our cable plan, ugh. Fortunately we still have our old antenna on the roof, so I can watch it.
Thanks for this reminder, Sharon J!

Oops, guess I got ahead of myself. It's starts here on October 15th, sorry about that. What a great night of TV. Durrells, and then Poldark. Doesn't get much better.

The first episode of Season 2 was fun. Several new characters were introduced, giving further opportunities for angst and delight!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina