• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Travel Planning App?

jmc

10+ Posts
I am sure you most of have your system for planning travel, and I used to just use TripIt and Trip Advisor but with all the great information I have learned from this site, I quickly exhausted these tools.

I found Wanderlog and it seems to be fantastic, and just wondered what other tools people were using?

I found Wanderlog and it seems to be fantastic, and just wondered what other tools people were using?
I do all my planning with Google Maps, in which I just add more and more Saved Places. For me, the benefits are :
1) Tons of information at the tips of the fingers about a huge variety of businesses and services : anybody who has any interest in serving you puts their business on Maps. This includes websites, contact info, hours of operation and reviews. This is indispensable for planning, but also great of course for when your original plans change.
2) Google Maps and your Saved Places can be accessed offline, if you save the map you're interested in beforehand.
3) Your Saved Places can be organized in customizable lists (not to be confused with "My Maps", which is also a great option that can be used through Google Maps). You can hide or show the various lists on the map.

I also use Google and primarily Trip Advisor.

I had never heard of Wanderlog so I went to their website. At the top it read, "Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps." Apparently it is only available to people with Apple phones, so it has a limited user base, and costs money.

@NoSpin - While Wanderlog does have an app for the phone, I use the web based version and it is free - just clikc on the start planning button the the left of the get the App Button.

I do all my planning with Google Maps, in which I just add more and more Saved Places. For me, the benefits are :
1) Tons of information at the tips of the fingers about a huge variety of businesses and services : anybody who has any interest in serving you puts their business on Maps. This includes websites, contact info, hours of operation and reviews. This is indispensable for planning, but also great of course for when your original plans change.
2) Google Maps and your Saved Places can be accessed offline, if you save the map you're interested in beforehand.
3) Your Saved Places can be organized in customizable lists (not to be confused with "My Maps", which is also a great option that can be used through Google Maps). You can hide or show the various lists on the map.
Joe-

Thanks for the tip, not sure why I had never thought of this, other than for some reason I have never figured out Google Maps - so will try again - thanks!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina