• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Tuscany Tuscany, Cortona - La Mucchia

Pauline

Forums Admin
La Mucchia - apartments in a renovated farm house near Cortona and the border with Umbria.
http://www.hometuscany.com/

These reviews were collected on the Slow Europe website and have been copied here.

Reviewed by: winniedevette (1 review)
Reviewed on: December 1, 2013
Date of Stay: summer 2013
Vacation Rental Name: La Mucchia casa vacanze
No words can describe the pleasure we had this year staying at La Mucchia casa vacanze in Cortona, Tuscany.
I was visiting Tuscany for many years and stayed in many vacation houses and hotels, after finding La Mucchia, browsing many sites on Google, I found this place, what was in the photos not very attractive, and that what caught my eye.
In reality, the place is much much nicer then in the photos, and the atmosphere is specially good, as the owners are giving you the feeling that you are the most important guest in their hotel.
I met many tourists from all over the world, I enjoyed the sun, the pool, not rushing every day to the cities and to shopping, just the quiet area, the water and the sun, what was most important for me.
This is the casa vacanze I shall return every year now, thanks to the memorable time I had and the relaxation.

Reviewed by: Megan Roda (1 review)
Reviewed on: March 31, 2013
Date of Stay: fall 2012
Vacation Rental Name: LaMucchia casa Vacanze
My name is Meg. I visited La Mucchia Casa Vacanze in October 2012, and it was the second visit since we were there in April 2009, a year after they opened.
I must say that this vacation farmhouse became a Gem in Tuscany, the hosts are so kind and helpful, the place is charming, the suites are spotless and furnished with great taste. We love La Mucchia, we love Cortona, we love Tuscany, and above all we love the way they owners treated us, special personal feeling as being at home far from home.

Reviewed by: karolsalinger (1 review)
Reviewed on: August 8, 2010
Date of Stay: summer 2010
Vacation Rental Name: La Mucchia casa vacanze
I visited the farmhouse this July together with my wife and other couple. We had such a great time we shall ever remember, The location is the best for day trips, the distance is about half to one hour drive from the farmhouse to some major cities in Tuscany, we took the train to Florence as Uri suggested and it was nice and easy, we left the car in the parking place next to Terontola station and we arrived after 1 hour to the centre of Florence.
In the evenings we made barbecue near the swimming pool, watching Cortona. The most we liked, was the renovation of this old farmhouse, the suite we rented is number 3, on ground floor with private terrace and 2 bedrooms, Tuscan style, very authentic, luxurious standards and cozy.
We had very good information from the owners for good restaurants and day trips, we also been welcomed with a nice basket of Tuscan wine and cookies.
We shall return sometimes back, it was our nicest vacation in the last years.

Reviewed by: JeanMansfield (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 5, 2010
Date of Stay: fall 2009
Vacation Rental Name: Beautiful views of Tuscany everywhere
After enjoyable trip by car from Basel, we arrived in Toscana. We were welcomed cordially by the owners of the luxury farmhouse in Cortona. The house itself was a stunning, renovated, original Tuscan farmhouse. You could see that a lot of acquaintance, love and capital were spent to revive this building. The suites were breathtaking. The owners were so polite to show us around the building and all the suites. Every suite had many original features such as. the ancient ceiling, walls, floors etc., but were also modern and clean, with internet access, a large screen flat television and interesting art works of good painters on the walls. The bedrooms were beautiful etc. In regard to the location, what can one say, it's Tuscany!! With beautiful views everywhere and in the vicinity of all the interesting cities, like Cortona, Siena, Florence, etc.
There were no low points in this holiday and I am definitely going to stay there again.

Reviewed by: IloveCSLewis (1 review)
Reviewed on: December 19, 2009
Date of Stay: spring 2009
Vacation Rental Name: La Mucchia Casa Vacanze, Cortona, Italy
We have traveled the world, staying in all types of accommodations, & this has to rate as among, if not THE, best on so many levels. Having great weather of course helped, & beauty indoors & out was stunning.
The owners call the place an art gallery as well, with paintings of local scenery hanging in every room -- as gorgeous as the gardens around the house and the Tuscan landscape in all directions.
Cortona lies on the nearby mountain behind, and all of the Tuscan highlights & some beyond are within easy driving distance (i.e., Arezzo, Montepulciano, Assisi, Siena, Pienza, Monteriggioni).
Brothers Uri & Zeev are adorably helpful, & were in fact inspired to buy & fix up this converted farmhouse by the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. If you liked that movie you will be wowed by this place, the loving care behind it & the Tuscan sites, history & scenery all around. Only one caveat: get as clear directions as possible from the owners before trying to find it!

Reviewed by: crebeccaw (1 review)
Reviewed on: September 28, 2009
Date of Stay: summer 2009
Vacation Rental Name: La Mucchia
My husband, 2 teens, my daughter and her fiance all stayed at La Mucchia this past summer for 2 weeks. It was a wonderful place and we didn't want to leave! The restored farmhouse is right outside of Cortona and was a perfect base for exploring Tuscany and Umbria. The house was so comfortable and had the charm of history, but all the modern conveniences. Modern bathrooms, comfortable beds, and all the sports channels my 17 year old son could want! The absolute BEST part of staying at La Mucchia were the owner's Uri and Quiren. Anytime we had questions they were always there to help us get around and introduce us to all the wonderful places to eat in the area. They were warm and welcoming and made our stay there very special. We have told all our friends about La Mucchia and my husband is already planning on when we are going back!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina