• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Two nights before flying out of CDG

Hilarie

10+ Posts
Hi all!
My sis and I will be staying 7 nights in Paris (SO excited!) and then heading out into the countryside , destinations still TBD (possibly via rental car if we are feeling particularly brave)for another six nights.
We plan to be back around Paris for two nights before flying home out of CDG.

Where would you stay for those last two nights? I really cringe at wasting Paris time in a sterile airport hotel out in the middle of some buisiness park but neither do we want huge hassles getting to the airport.
*Flight leaves at 3:15 pm. Would you guys stay in Paris or is there a nice town closer to CDG with things to see and do?

We did not find the taxi ride from Paris to CDG to be difficult at all. Our last flight home to the States from Paris was at 2pm...we did not have to leave our apartment until 10am. I would either just stay one night before your flight at an airport hotel or stay the 2 nights actually in Paris.

I agree with the two above. I've stayed at an airport hotel when I have an early morning flight, but it would be a shame for you to miss two Paris evenings and a full day. You've got plenty of time with a 3 pm flight.

Honestly, I'd either tack one of those nights onto the countryside destination and do just one night at an airport hotel; or stay the two nights in Paris, perhaps near where one of the airport buses stops. I've been very happy with the Line 4 Le Bus Direct. http://www.lebusdirect.com/en/

https://www.paristoolkit.com/airport/paris_cdg_bus.htm
Thank you! Can the RER train to CDG be caught at the same station as the Line 4 bus? A bit nervous about getting stuck in Paris traffic when trying to catch a flight.

We did not find the taxi ride from Paris to CDG to be difficult at all. Our last flight home to the States from Paris was at 2pm...we did not have to leave our apartment until 10am. I would either just stay one night before your flight at an airport hotel or stay the 2 nights actually in Paris.

Yes, I am inclining to do that too! We want every minute in the pretty parts of Paris that we can get. I think I will start looking for nice little hotels in Paris itself. Thank you!

Thank you! Can the RER train to CDG be caught at the same station as the Line 4 bus? A bit nervous about getting stuck in Paris traffic when trying to catch a flight.
It doesn't look like the stops are by any stations on the direct RER line. Another bus option is RoissyBus, starting near the Opéra.

I've stayed in two small hotels for a few days on each of my last trips to Paris when my favorite apartment was unavailable for my entire stay. The Hotel Gramont Opera and the Hotel du Continent were both comfortable, in good locations (to me...near my apartment rental where I went after the hotels), had wifi, in-room safes, and very friendly front desk personnel. Look at aggregators (such as Booking.com) to compare prices with their published rates. I was able to snag great deals for my two stays.

For a 3 pm flight, you should have no trouble using a taxi to get there well ahead of your flight. In the event of heavy traffic jams, allow an hour to get there, just in case. I now always allow an hour for taxi transport.

I'm not a good gauge of time needed to go through CDG since I flew priority (business class) that has a faster check-in process.

Update to the plan...because I know everyone MUST have been waiting with bated breath on what we decided to do >:).

We going for the max Paris experience and booked our last two nights at the Hotel Chopin in the 9th arr. Looks absolutely adorable and right smack in the middle of everything. We will train or splurge on a taxi to the airport since we have an afternoon flight.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina