• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venezia Unica City Pass for frequent users

GailS

100+ Posts
On short notice I've made plans to head to Italy for about 2 weeks - 8 nights in Venice and 7 in Florence. I tend to go to Venice every year for a week or so and have often thought about getting an IMOB pass (now Venezia Unica City Pass) that is good for 5 years and you pay resident rates on the vaporettos. Thus far I haven't pulled the trigger and instead bought multi-day passes. I'm thinking that this trip may finally be the right time since a 7 day pass won't cover the entire trip. I see that you can put in an application online and then pick up at Piazzale Roma (convenient if I take the bus from the airport). Does anyone have experience getting one of these and is it relatively quick? I know you need your picture taken and the card produced. My biggest concern is waiting a long time after a flight from the U.S. with a longer layover in Paris. I'll arrrive in the afternoon this coming Wednesday (with rain/showers forecasted) and hope that the crowds won't be too bad. If it's likely to take a while to get the card I may choose to take the hour and a half Alilaguna ride to the Zattere stop instead and pick up the pass the next day. Any advice would be appreciated. It's my first trip to Venice this time of year (normally I go in May and September/October).

Someone who is not a member of the forums emailed me this information:

We purchased the IMOB 5 years ago and it was extremely easy. We do not speak/read Italian. We had our passport size photos, but the wonderful agent took picture our picture and no need for our photos. The process took perhaps 10 minutes. We used the location by Piazzale Roma and the line moved very quickly.

Unfortunately we do not go to Venezia every year, but this card saves one a LOT of euros. Prior to the card we bought a series of day passes and spent well over the cost of the Unica card - great bargain. The process extremely easy. You also get a discount on the Alilaguna with the Unica card

The link below provides excellent information.
How to buy a Venezia Unica city pass

Thanks Pauline. I'm seeing this now after getting back from among other things getting the card. It was easy. We had filled out the online form ahead of time. We waited 10 mintues in line at Piazzale Roma and it took about 13 minutes to complete the purchase once we were waited on. They took a photo, had you sign their terms of agreement form and printed the card right away. You did need to present your passport. It will pay for itself for me on my next trip since I'm usually in Venice for a week or more at a time and typically buy the multi-day passes.

The Venezia Unica card also entitles you to discounted traghetto rides. €.70 as opposed to €2.00.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina